More groom speech examples

8:07:00 AM


Example Speeches - Grooms Speech #2
Ladies and Gentlemen: I would like to thank Steve for those sincere words and both Bobbie and Steve for the love that they have both shown me, not only in preparation for today, but from the first moment that we met some two and a half years ago.
I don’t know who was more surprised that first night when Marcella brought me home without warning, when they were sitting there all ready for bed in their satin bath robes and Steve in his Snoopy slippers.
Anyway, quickly moving on, I did have a speech all worked out for this occasion, but, of course, now that I’m a married man, Marcella has insisted that I read from the one that she has written for me.
So here goes:
On behalf of my wife and I…I suppose I’m going to have to get used to that, I would like to start by thanking everyone here today for sharing our very special day with us. Thank-you for all the wonderful gifts and cards that you have given us, we are very touched at your generosity. I’m certainly looking forward to seeing how Steve has managed to gift-wrap the Wheelbarrow!
We have both been very nervous about today and it means a great deal to us that you are sharing our day with us, and we hope that you are enjoying the occasion every bit as much as we are.
Most people on their wedding day describe it as the happiest day of their lives. That worries me because it implies that as from tomorrow there’s a lifelong decline ahead, so I’m making the most of today. However, I’m so happy today that even days less happy would still be blissful.
I would like to say a special thank-you to those of you that have travelled some distance to be here today. It is quite a humbling experience to realise that you have friends and family that care so much for you. And I do genuinely mean that.
Bobbie & Steve
Bobbie & Steve I would like to thank you so much everything you have done and for welcoming me so openly into your family.
I feel very proud to be able to say that I am your son-in-law and will always do my best to live up to your expectations and promise to take care of Marcella…and of course do everything she tells me to do…
…now I’m not saying she’s bossy…but I know my place!
The whole day and everything else you have given us has been so overwhelming. We never expected all of this and you have both made us feel very special. I’m sure everyone will agree what a fantastic day it has been so far – even the weather has been on our side.
                                                         
And, most importantly for giving me your blessing to marry your beautiful daughter. I hope that you don’t feel that you’ve lost a daughter, but have gained another mouth to feed and someone to clean up after.
By the way Steve, I have not forgotten. I’ll sign the receipt for you. Steve has written out a receipt for me. It says:
Received one daughter in perfect condition, fully guaranteed, fully warranteed. Comes complete with extras. Keep topped up with expensive jewellery, and lubricate well with fine wines. Service regularly…oh no sorry I missed a bit…service regularly with lavish trips to exotic and far away places…you really must make your writing more clear!
Warning: has a tendency to get irritable if doesn’t have the final say on EVERYTHING.
Care notes: gets bored easily, keep busy with a constant supply of chores.
Not to be outdone though my mum has written out a receipt for Marcella. It reads:
Received one son, sold as seen, no refunds under any circumstances. We’ve re-decorated the room and changed the locks, so you’re stuck with him.
Warning: the slight discolouration is dirt, which may come off with vigorous scrubbing.
Care notes: de-hydrates easily, top up regularly with red wine.

To read the rest of this speech please click here.
To get some professional help please click here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Format for Groom Speech

Typically, the grooms speech is about the bride - his wife and about their future together and to thank the people involved in makin...